THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls U149 (anime)
|THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls U149|
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls U149 is an anime series loosely based on the manga of the same name, first announced during the second day of the THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 10th ANNIVERSARY M@GICAL WONDERLAND TOUR!!! concert on April 3rd, 2022. Like in the manga, the main characters are the Third Entertainment Division – idols age 12 and younger who are under 149 centimeters tall (4'11") – along with their short Producer.
- Shine In The Sky☆ plays as the opening theme for episodes 2–10.
|No.||Title||Original Air Date||Songs|
|01||When Can't You See Your Own Face in the Mirror?
Kagami Demo Miru Koto ga Dekinai Jibun no Kao tte, Nani?)
|April 5, 2023|
|It was a sweltering summer day. At a certain major talent agency, an executive meeting was being held to discuss a newly-launched idol project and to put a newbie producer in charge of it. Arisu Tachibana, a girl selected for the new "3rd Entertainment Division", couldn't properly tell her busy parents the news, and thus finds herself unable to sign the consent form. Meanwhile, Producer has to figure out just how to do his job…|
|Based on: Original content (first half); Prologue–Chapter 2 (second half)|
|02||What Says "I'm Home" Even Though It's Leaving?
Odekake Nano ni Tadaima o Suru Mono, Nani?)
|April 12, 2023|
|The 3rd Entertainment Division is set to shoot promotional photos today! Nina is all ready to go, wearing her favorite kigurumi. When Producer tells her she must take it off for the shoot, for some reason, Nina refuses to take it off. While Arisu and the others become disillusioned by Producer's lack of finesse, a new problem arises… another one of Nina's kigurumi has gone missing?! Who could be behind this, and will Nina, Arisu, and Producer be able to find it?|
|Based on: Original content (entire episode); Arisu photoshoot arc (Chapters 4–6) with Nina as the focus character instead|
|03||What Sinks in the Ocean and Doesn't Get Wet?
Umi ni Shizunde mo Nurenai Mono, Nani?)
|April 19, 2023|
|The members of the 3rd Entertainment Division are frustrated with Producer's daily routine of having them practice lessons with no actual work. When some of the girls show him "SugarMin☆TV", a popular streaming channel run by Shin Sato and Nana Abe of the same agency, he comes up with an idea – it's to have Shin teach the others how to record videos as a job! Miria is overjoyed and begs Shin to teach her how to livestream. However, as Shin is showing Miria how to set up the computer, she accidentally begins streaming!|
|Based on: Original content (entire episode); elements taken from Indigo Ring-a-Ling Radio arc (Chapters 72–75) with Sugarmin as the supporting characters instead|
|04||What Flies With Broken Wings?
Hane ga Orete Iru no ni Tonde Iku Mono, Nani?)
|April 26, 2023|
|Momoka has been chosen to appear on a variety show… which turns out to include bungee jumping! Despite the challenge, the adults on set seem impressed by Momoka's calmness, graceful smiles, and refined manner of speaking. Meanwhile, Arisu, who had tagged along, was shocked to see Momoka acting out a script contrary to her actual demeanor. When it's time to go bungee jumping, however, Momoka suddenly gets nervous and needs some support from Producer and Arisu.|
|Based on: Momoka bungee arc (Chapters 38–41), with changes to the location and the roles of Sachiko and Karin; Volume 1 tankoubon Special Edition Drama CD (ending)|
|05||What's Really High But Underground?
Sugoku Takai no ni Zutto Chika ni Aru Mono, Nani?)
|May 3, 2023|
|Risa is annoyed that other girls have either been getting jobs or simply want to hang out and play games. One day, Producer shows up with the opportunity to audition for the leading role in a new film. Risa is determined to get the role, thinking her dad will be proud of her, and reluctantly follows Producer's audition prep plan, which he spent all night creating for her. When she ends up getting cast as the supporting character instead, written in a different style than her usual persona, will the other members be able to lend their knowledge to help her play the best possible version of her character?|
|Based on: Risa audition arc (Chapters 68–71), with changes such as Momoka being Risa's driving force instead of Arisu, and the removal of Kozue Yusa|
|06||What Gets Cooler The Hotter It Gets?
Atsuku Nareba Naru Hodo Kakeru Mono, Nani?)
|May 10, 2023|
|Haru and Risa have been chosen to be last-minute backup dancers at a live performance by the popular idol unit LiPPS. After training and rehearsing dance moves for days, Haru is shocked to learn she will have to wear a dress during the concert. Haru expresses her uncomfortableness wearing girly clothes, preferring to look tomboy-ish and cool, but Risa views this as selfish and the two get into a fight. Will Producer be able to help Haru get through her discomfort and have the performance be a success?|
|Based on: Haru backup dancer arc (Chapters 12–14), with changes to feature LiPPS instead of only Shiki|
|07||What Speaks Without a Voice?
Koe o Motanai no ni Kataru Mono, Nani?)
|May 17, 2023|
|One day, Koharu decides to bring her best friend and pet iguana Hyou-kun to the office. She talks about her dream of becoming a princess, and calls Hyou-kun her knight, as his distinct appearance helps her parents always find her despite her spaciness and tendency to wander off. When Producer tells her about a job that involves appearing at an event where the public can interact with rare animals, Koharu is excited and happily agrees to partake. However, after the show, Koharu follows a butterfly into a large park next door… and when Producer and the girls try to search for her, they discover that the attendees have bought identical plushies modeled after Hyou-kun! Will the others be reunited with her, and will Koharu get to embody the role of a princess fated to be saved?|
|Based on: Animal festival arc (Chapters 44–47), with changes such as Indigo Bell hosting the event instead; original content (Koharu's dream sequence)|
|Recap||Episode 1–7 Clip Show
|May 24, 2023|
|A recap episode providing a summary of the story so far, with voiceover narration and clips from each of the first seven episodes. Due to TV Tokyo's coverage of the 2023 ITTF World Table Tennis Championships, episode 8 was delayed a week. The recap aired 50 minutes after its usual air time.|
|08||What Do You Put On To Be Beautiful?
Kirei ni Naru Tame ni Haku Mono, Nani?)
|May 31, 2023|
|Tsukasa Kiryu, the charismatic high school CEO, is planning to release children's clothes for her brand. Chie, Miria, and Koharu were selected to partake in the runway event and they're fully motivated to dress up in stylishly mature clothing. Chie, however, was secretly too hesitant to wear those cute clothes. As she hides her nervousness and helps with the preparations, Tsukasa lets out a shrill scream!? They rushed over to her side, only to find Tsukasa accidentally spilled her coffee over the outfits they were about to wear…!|
|09||What Has Its Face Come Out When it's Warm?
Attakai to Kao ga Hokorobu Mono, Nani?)
|June 7, 2023|
|Today, Kaoru is full of energy and is doing her homework for her summer vacation picture diary with Arisu. However, there are so many things she likes to do such as… singing, cooking, flowers, omurice, etc. that she finds it hard to decide on a theme! Kaoru is at a loss, but the Producer suggests that she should enjoy "summer" to her heart's content!? To fully enjoy summer, the idols are having a blast in the great outdoors. Unable to hold back any longer, Kaoru takes Arisu's hand and runs outside to make memories of their summer vacation!!|
|10||What Color Gets Bigger the More You Bring It Together?
Kasanereba Kasaneru Hodo Ookiku Naru Iro tte, Nani?)
|June 14, 2023|
|Thanks to constant social media postings, the 3rd Entertainment Division has been gradually gaining fame. The idols are also motivated to perform a concert for all the fans who supported them! However, they have no songs to sing! As they sigh about how they've still got a long way to go until their official debut, the Producer comes barging in with a smile… and to their surprise, a debut song!? Everyone's overjoyed by the good news that just popped up. However, it appears that things aren't as simple as they seem…|
|11||What's the Difference Between Grown-Ups and Kids?
Otona to Kodomo no Chigai tte, Nani?)
|June 21, 2023|
|The 3rd Entertainment Division is overjoyed when their debut has been confirmed. However, Arisu walked home alone with slow and heavy steps. The Producer asked her to meet with her parents to discuss her future. Unable to tell her parents about her true feelings, Arisu is unable to discuss her dreams, future, or what kind of person she wants to grow up as with everyone else until the day of the interview...|
|12||What Can't Be Seen When It's Bright Out, But Can Be Seen When It's Nighttime?
Akarui Toki wa Mienakute, Nemuru Toki ni Mieru Mono, Nani?)
|June 28, 2023|
|The senior idols will be holding a joint live performance soon. The members of the 3rd Entertainment Division, unable to attend due to their age, simply dreamed of the stage they have always longed to be on. However, by a strange turn of events, they were chosen to perform! Overjoyed, the idols rush headfirst into their lessons. However, the first step they'll take in their eagerness to give their fans a wonderful stage may have been a little too big for them…|
|OVA 1||What Can't You See But Jumps And Dances?
Mienai Kedo, Hanetari Odottari Suru Mono, Nani?)
|October 25, 2023||
|An OVA bundled with the release of the series' fourth Blu-ray. It features Yukimi Sajo.|
|OVA 2||What's a Flower That Blooms When It Talks?
Oshaberi Suru to Saku Hana tte, Nani?)
|October 25, 2023||
|An OVA bundled with the release of the series' fourth Blu-ray. It features Kozue Yusa.|
List of Characters
Nine idols were first seen in the teaser aired during Day 2 of the THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS LIKE4LIVE #cg_ootd concert, matching the initial lineup present in the first chapter of the manga ("Third Entertainment Division 01"). The U149 counterpart of the Producer (voiced by Yuuki Yonai) was confirmed via visible shadows in the Key Visual. Kozue Yusa, Yukimi Sajo, Mai Fukuyama, and Chika Yokoyama join the group at the end of episode 12.
|Momoka Sakurai||Koharu Koga||Arisu Tachibana||Haru Yuuki||Chie Sasaki|
|Miria Akagi||Risa Matoba||Kaoru Ryuzaki||Nina Ichihara|
- Shiki Ichinose and Frederica Miyamoto – Episodes 2, 6, 10, & 12
- Nana Abe and Shin Sato – Episodes 3, 10, & 12
- Karin Domyoji – Episodes 4, 7, & 10
- Sachiko Koshimizu – Episode 4
- Syuko Shiomi, Kanade Hayami, and Mika Jougasaki – Episodes 6, 10, & 12
- Reina Koseki, Rika Jougasaki, Mary Cochran, and Hikaru Nanjo – Episodes 6 & 10
- Aiko Takamori – Episodes 7 & 10
- Tsukasa Kiryu – Episodes 8, 10, & 12
- Mizuki Kawashima, Kaede Takagaki, and Sanae Katagiri – Episode 10 & 12
- new generations – Episodes 1 & 12
- Miyu Mifune – Mentioned in name by Producer (Episode 1 & 5); Episode 12
- Miyabi Tsukimiya, Ayaka Kishibe, and Misaki Etou – Featured in a fashion magazine (Episode 3); Episodes 10 & 12
- Sarina Matsumoto – Featured in a fashion magazine cover (Episode 3)
- Marina Sawada – Featured in a fashion magazine cover (Episode 3); Episode 10
- Akira Sunazuka and Riamu Yumemi – Featured in an online news report (Episode 3)
- Cinderella Girl (Uzuki Shimamura, Nana Abe, Rin Shibuya, Fumika Sagisawa, Kaede Takagaki, Ranko Kanzaki, Karen Hojo, Syuko Shiomi, Mio Honda, and Airi Totoki) – Office posters in their Princess of Ten outfits (Episode 3 & 8)
- Makino Yagami – Featured in an online cover (Episode 5)
- Chitose Kurosaki (younger) – Talking to Risa and in the movie poster (Episode 5)
- Miku Maekawa - Episode 10
- Yuu Ohta - Episodes 10 & 12
- Seira Mizuki - Episodes 10 & 12
- Kyoko Igarashi, Tamami Wakiyama, Aki Yamato, Shizuku Oikawa, Yuko Hori, and Aoi Shuto - Episode 10
- Yoriko Furusawa, Megumi Ijuin, Saki Yoshioka, and Cathy Graham - Episode 10
- Yuuki Otokura, Minami Nitta, Yume Narumiya, Akane Hino, Mahiro Kitagawa, and Sana Miyoshi - Episode 10
- Shino Hiiragi – Episode 12
- Original Concept: Bandai Namco Entertainment (バンダイナムコエンタータインメント)
- Original Character Design: Kyouno (廾之)
- Director: Manabu Okamoto (岡本 学)
- Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Takashima (高嶋宏之)
- Script/Series Composition: Oki Murayama (村山 沖)
- Animation Character Design: Norie Igawa (井川典恵)
- Concept Art: Kin'ichi Ookubo (大久保錦一)
- Design Works: Takeshi Noda (野田 猛), Keiko Odasaki (小田崎恵子), Noriko Nakamoto (中村倫子), Takahiro Watabe (渡部尭皓), Michiko Makita (槙田路子)
- Art Design: Yoshihiro Sono (曽野由大), Takeyuki Takahashi (高橋武之), Kazushige Kanehira (金平和茂)
- Art Director: Kazuhiro Inoue (井上一宏)
- Color Design: Makiko Doi (土居真紀子)
- 3DCG Director: Hiromitsu Ishikawa (石川寛貢), Masamune Sakaki (榊 正宗)
- Cinematographer: Yoshihiro Sekiya (関谷能弘)
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (三嶋章紀)
- Sound Director: Manabu Okamoto (岡本 学)
- Music: Makoto Miyazaki (宮崎誠), Ruka Kawada (川田瑠夏), Shuuhei Mutsuki (睦月周平)
- Music Production: Nippon Columbia (日本コロムビア)
- Animation Production: CygamesPictures
- TV Tokyo: Every Wednesday at 00:00 JST
- AT-X: Every Thursday at 23:00 JST (reruns Monday at 11:00 and Wednesday at 17:00)
- BS11: Every Monday at 23:30 JST
- BS4: Every Friday at 22:30 JST
- TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting: Every Saturday at 07:00 JST