|SideM Character Data|
-The western confectionery specialist with a distaste for red bean paste!-
"Life is truly full of unexpected surprises."
SideM Idol File
Reasons for Becoming an Idol: This is simply the way it turned out. Life is full of unexpected surprises.
Personal Motto: “Sound Body, Sound Health.” Your body is your asset, after all.
Comments for the Future: My dream is to invent the most delectable pastry the world has ever seen... That dream has nothing to do with idols, you say? Yes, perhaps there is some truth to that. However, that certainly isn’t my only dream. One day, I’ll prove it to you.
Comments about Unit Members: Kamiya and I are very close friends. We’ve been together ever since high school. I can say without a doubt that Asselin is... weird. Makio-san, and even Mizushima-san... are weird as well. I suppose you could say that we’re a band of strange people, no?
GROWING STARS Biography
-From pastry chef to idol!-
"Please do not underestimate my strength."
Character Description and Personality
Soichiro is the responsible pastry chef of Café Parade. He is very punctual and polite towards others, and serves as the level-headed member of the unit. He is usually generous and considerate, often showing his gratitude towards others by offering sweets he has made, but can be somewhat terrifying when genuinely angry. Although Soichiro speaks quietly and politely and has a buttoned-up appearance, he also has a couple of rather suggestive lines, perhaps indicating he has a flirty side as well.
Soichiro is very good at making many types of pastries, as shown when he was able to to quickly craft sweets for another cafe that was overrun with customers. Although he grew up in a Japanese pastry-making family, he is unable to eat or look at anko (red bean paste), making it impossible for him to inherit his family job (as anko is very common in Japanese sweets). However, he does not mind this, as it allowed him to have an opportunity to join Café Parade and develop more Western-style sweets.
Soichiro is a close friend of Yukihiro Kamiya, having known him since junior high school. In his second character magazine it’s shown that he asked Yukihiro to try his creations while he was first learning the art of western patisserie. As revealed in the Marching Band Parade 2015 event story, he moved to Tokyo after middle school, possibly to distance himself from his family. It is unknown whether he has been living on his own since high school.
As a result of working together at the café, he has developed supportive friendships with Saki Mizushima and Makio Uzuki as well. Makio in particular seems to look up to him. He has a particularly low tolerance for Asselin BB II’s strange behavior, as well as Yukihiro’s airheadedness and tendency to get lost, and sometimes becomes frustrated with them. However, it seems he simply doesn’t want these behaviors to get in the way of their work and/or lives. Before filming during the Best Game event, although he makes some rather sharp comments about Asselin’s inability to go without his plush toy Satan, he still does his best to help Asselin find alternative solutions. Although on the official Café Parade relationship chart he describes himself and Yukihiro as “unfortunately inseparable,” he has also expressed that he thinks of Yukihiro as a close friend, and that joining Café Parade, first as a patissier and then as an idol, was his own choice.
While Soichiro is very serious about his work as an idol, having very high standards for himself, he also seems to have insecurities about his appearance and performance, commenting in one of his Trust UP lines that he doesn’t feel as if he fits in with the flashy world of show business. During preparations in the Baile of Love and Passion event, criticism about his lack of passion in the role seemed to upset him, causing him to stay late to practice more. Soichiro’s stated dream is to become the world’s number one patissier or to create the world’s most delicious dessert, depending on the quote. While this has nothing to do with being an idol, he also says that this isn’t his only dream. Presumably, the other dream(s) are related to being an idol, although what they are is unknown.
Soichiro has black hair cut in a short bob. His eyes are closed in every appearance he has made thus far, though he is able to see perfectly fine. When Makio offered to protect him from the sight of anko, Soichiro asked Makio to guide him while his eyes were closed, suggesting that the rest of the time his eyes somehow only appear to be closed. He has a small mole beneath the right corner of his mouth.
Soichiro most commonly appears in his white pastry chef uniform, and is occasionally seen wearing his more casual outfit— a white patterned shirt and checkered blue cardigan. His Café Parade outfit is a decorative long-sleeved cropped jacket atop a striped shirt and apron-like garment.
Recorded Solo Songs
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Piece Montee||Solo Song||THE IDOLM@STER SideM ORIGIN@L PIECES 03|
|Reversed Masquerade||Soichiro Shinonome Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM 3rd ANNIVERSARY SOLO COLLECTION 01|
|POKER FAITH||Shinonome Soichiro Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM WakeMini! SOLO COLLECTION 03 INTELLIGENCE Ver.|
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- During the “Autumn Demons that Dance Amongst the Crimson Leaves” event it was revealed that Soichiro has a younger brother who is training to take over their parents’ business since he cannot due to his fear of anko.
- Soichiro refers to nearly every idol at 315PRO by their last names; this includes his high school friend Yukihiro Kamiya. In one of the 4komas, Makio inquires about this and it’s revealed that they still go by last names because that’s what they’ve done since they met and it would feel odd to change it now. Yukihiro tries to call Soichiro by his first name but they both agree it’s too awkward and go back to last names. Yukihiro is the only person Soichiro does not use the honorific -san for, including the children and Satan.
- The only idols Soichiro does not refer to by last name are Makio, Asselin, and Pierre; for the latter two, this is presumably because their last names are unknown and not used, respectively.
- In the unchanged version of Soichiro’s ART COLLECTION LIVE SR card, it’s implied that he designed Asselin’s costume for the event. His sketch is visible and indicates he may be a rather good artist.
- During the ORIGIN@L PIECES LIVE in Nagoya event, Soichiro expressed interest in hearing Chris talk about the ocean.
- In Soichiro’s Valentines Day gacha SR from Live on St@ge!, the cake Soichiro is holding has 6 heart decorations that are believed to represent each member of Café Parade (including Satan).
- He shares some similarities with Clarice, as both are always drawn with their eyes closed and are very dedicated to their respective jobs.
- Unlike Clarice, Soichiro is able to see perfectly fine despite his eyes appearing closed, according to Saki in “Green Parade”.
- His eye color is revealed to be blue, as seen in his "Remembrance Shot" card.