[2022-09-15] Email service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Ryo Matsunaga (Japanese: 松永涼 Matsunaga Ryo) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She first appeared on November 28, 2011 as one of the first idols in the game. She is voiced by Haruka Chisuga (Japanese: 千菅春香 Chisuga Haruka).
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
"An idol... I'm already a vocalist in a band, y'know. Well, there's no way you'd know that... For someone like me to become an idol... Are you for real? I can sense your enthusiasm, though, so I guess I'll listen to what you're saying."
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"I'm Ryo Matsunaga. 18 years old. Thank you for giving me the chance to sing in a new world. I'll show my best singing voice to everyone."
Hailing from Tokyo, Ryo is a cool and laid back girl who formerly performed as a rock band vocalist. In both games, she is scouted by the Producer after one of her band’s performances at a live house. It wasn’t quite a success, and the band itself wasn’t very popular, but she still wanted to perform with them. In Cinderella Girls, she is initially skeptical of the Producer's proposal, but finally decides to hear him out due to feeling his enthusiasm, whereas she accepts to become an idol in In Starlight Stage after being encouraged by her fellow band members to pursue her dream of singing on a wider stage a few days after the proposal.
She originally thought idols were just jokes, something that shouldn’t be taken seriously; performers simply dancing in cute costumes. However, she came to realize it was an intense and difficult job after going through different lessons and gigs. Thus, she decided this will be the turning point for her and she’ll do her best not to disrespect other idols but also her band.
In Cinderella Girls, she’s initially quite distant. She only sees her relationship with the Producer as a professional one and doesn’t really want to stick around if there’s no jobs or anything to be done, basically being cold and harsh. She slowly opens up as she wonders what the producer saw in her to scout her as an idol. Ultimately, they become friends and Ryo comments that it is okay to rely on her too, as it’s what the Producer has been doing since he scouted her. Since then, she often invites him to a drink after work.
Surprisingly enough, Ryo used to be a prim-and-proper princess type with an interest only in classical music. She often describes this time of her life as "stiff" or "restricted", as she was unable to express herself and joined a band to break free from that image. Her knowledge of jazz music might also come from this period of her life. She sees this past version of herself as a weak girl who couldn’t take any step forward because of being scared, as she explains in a corner of her Mezase! Cinderella Number 1 Drama Track.
In many Cinderella Girls Theater skits and media in general, Ryo shows a motherly side, caring for the younger girls like Chie and Koume. Her company often gets her into trouble, but she admits that she enjoys their antics as long as they end peacefully. Also driven, she will often put a live's importance ahead of her own health and is willing to dash over a mile on foot to get there on time. Ryo even sincerely enjoys the stamina drinks the Producer gives her during training.
Ryo currently has 16 sets of cards in the game: 8 Rare card sets and 8 S Rare card sets.
Ryo appears in the Events listed below.
Ryo appears as a guest in the Story Commus for Rockin' Emotion (23rd Story Commu), Chiisana Koi no Misshitsu Jiken (34th Story Commu) and Arakane no Utsuwa (61th Story Commu). She currently has 7 sets of cards in Starlight Stage: a Rare card set, four S Rare card sets and 2 SSR card sets. She currently has five Memorial Commus that can be unlocked by raising her fan count.
Ryo appears in the Events listed below.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Ryo was voiced in the nineteenth episode of the anime, which first aired on August 22th, 2015, as a surprise cameo voice idol. She was the last character to receive a voice through the 2015 Cinderella Girls anime.
- In Starlight Stage, her image stat specialty is Dance.
- Despite her fondness of horror movies and the feeling of shivers they procure, she can be frightened by actual paranormal phenomenons, such as Koume’s ghost friend or visiting typically haunted places like cemeteries during Halloween. She eventually stops being scared of the former as she befriends them in the Business Commu "Dawn of the Sea" in Starlight Stage.
- Despite her confident looks, Ryo is quite unsure about her abilities in the visual field of being an idol. This can be seen throughout the Nocturne Event Story, but also in the affection lines of her SSR, as she revealed she was told many times she probably joined a band because she knew she couldn’t deliver the visuals required to be an idol.
- She might have completely cut ties with her family due to her rebellious phase. In her Rocking Vocalist SR, she mentions how this is the first Christmas she has spent in a while with someone that isn’t her band and that she left her house after wanting to pursue a more honest image of herself in the Joker Event Story.
- From the 6th & 7th Elections’s Idol Introduction feature, we’ve learned: Ryo senses that Natsuki, Rin, Mio, Hiromi, and Honoka possess a passionate heart and went to a Rock Festival with Natsuki, Koume, Syoko, Kanna and Ibuki. From other idols, we’ve learned:
- She once went to watch an Hero Show with Hikaru, Mirei would like to match her fashion style, Hinako believes she’s fit to be a charming prince riding a white horse, Natsuki senses a soul guided by rock from her, Riina sees her as a fellow Rock Idol and Helen felt she could burn the world with her passion.
- In Magic Hour #19, she revealed she had to eat mushroom plates every time she watched movies with Syoko & Koume.
- Although she left her band to debut as an idol, it still is important to her and keeps contact with her former mates: she has mentioned many times inviting them to her lives.
- She knows how to compose songs and has expressed the desire to one day sing her self-composed songs to her fans. She was finally able to achieve this goal with her image song, One Life.
- Aside from classical and jazz music, she also used to be fond of church songs during her childhood.
- She revealed in her second SSR, Beautiful Muse, that she expanded her music tastes to Enka and Anime Music.
- She still take profound care of the first guitar she bought when it was on sale.
- She likes the air of a late night dinner at family restaurants
- She started being interested in horror movies because of a part-time job at a live house.
- She shares earrings with Koume Shirasaka.
- Although not extremely popular, Ryo being forced to do the "Usa-chan Peace" sign or cutesy acts is a running joke among her Ps.
- Coincidentally, her “Usa-Chan Peace” is similar to Sayumi Michishige‘s from Hello!Project.
- In the Cinderella Girls 6th Anniversary Survey, Ryo came in 5th place as “Idol You Think Is The Most Handsome”, 10th place in the "Idol You'd Like To Go To A Concert With" category and 21st place in the "Idol You'd Like To Go To A Karaoke With" category.
- It is rumored that she is based on either Aya Kamiki or Haruna Ono from Scandal.
- Kyow-no (廾之), the mangaka for the official Cinderella Girls manga U149, is a RyoP.
|Eldritch Loreteller (エルドリッチロアテラー)||Ryo Matsunaga, Koume Shirasaka|
|Idol Cinema Paradise (アイドル・シネマ・パラダイス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Koume Shirasaka, Kanade Hayami|
|Hardcore☆Heaven’s Door (ハードコア☆ヘヴンズドア)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Syoko Hoshi|
|Loud Shout Beats (ラウドシャウトビーツ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Saki Yoshioka, Ema Senzaki|
|Comet Over Rev (コメット・オーヴァーレヴ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Ema Senzaki|
|Enjin (炎陣)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Aki Yamato, Rina Fujimoto, Takumi Mukai|
|Marine Goddess (マリンゴッデス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Tokiko Zaizen|
|evergreen-festa||Ryo Matsunaga, Chieri Ogata, Fumika Sagisawa, Satomi Sakakibara, Saki Yoshioka|
|Sound Witches (サウンドウィッチーズ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Mayu Sakuma, Otoha Umeki|
|D.L.F Ryo & Chiaki (D.L.F 涼&千秋)||Ryo Matsunaga, Chiaki Kurokawa|
|On Stage Goddess (オンステージゴッデス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Kiyora Yanagi|
|Colorful Assort (カラフルアソート)||Ryo Matsunaga, Hasumi Nagatomi, Mary Cochran|
|South Wind Dancers (サウスウィンド・ダンサーズ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Ayame Hamaguchi, Toko Hattori, Kai Nishijima, Marina Sawada|
|Masterpiece (マスターピース)||Ryo Matsunaga, Minami Nitta, Kaede Takagaki|
|Mouton Blanc (ムートン・ブラン)||Ryo Matsunaga, Itsuki Manabe, Chiyo Shirayuki|
|Burning Impulse (バーニング・インパルス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Takumi Mukai|
|Shout me & you||Ryo Matsunaga, Rina Fujimoto, Karen Hojo, Izumi Ohishi, Atsumi Munakata|
|Ember Last||Ryo Matsunaga, Aki Yamato, Yuki Himekawa, Miku Maekawa, Yuka Nakano|
|Rain Flower’s Umbrella (雨花の傘人)||Ryo Matsunaga, Noa Takamine, Sae Kobayakawa, Kumiko Matsuyama, Mai Fukuyama|
|Regular CD Shop Customers (CDショップの常連客たち)||Ryo Matsunaga, Chiaki Kurokawa, Seika Suzumiya|
|Sirius Chord||Ryo Matsunaga, Rin Shibuya, Chiyo Shirayuki|
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cinderella Post Images|
|December 4th, 2018 at 4:31 P.M.||October 16th, 2019 at 3:26 P.M.||March 9th, 2020 at 5:02 P.M.|
|February 9th, 2021 at 6:25 P.M.||January 9th, 2022 at 4:27 P.M.|
|Starlight Stage Renders|
|[SOUND A ROUND]||[Beautiful Muse]|
|June 2017 Talk Battle Show Sprites|
|Idol Produce: Kyoto Glowing in the Rainy Season Sprites|
|Anime Reference Sheets|
Ryo's profile in POPLINKS (Rockin’ Soul).
Ryo's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Ryo’s profile card in POPLINKS.
Cingeki's AnimeON Station collaboration art.
Ryo drawn by K_UMAJet, the illustrator of Cingeki to commemorate her Extra Stage Episode.
Dereraji’s 10th DVD Volume Cover.