|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Reina Koseki (Japanese: 小関麗奈 Koseki Reina) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. Her basic card is Normal. She is voiced by Yuki Nagano (Japanese: 長野佑紀 Nagano Yuki).
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||48|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
"Come on let's go, Producer! You're lucky to be able to help Reina-sama become the number 1 idol. Tell it the posterity. I'm looking forward to the day when the fools bow down in front of me! Ahaha... cough cough"
Reina is an ambitious young girl whose dream is to conquer the world. She auditioned to become an idol out of her own will, with the goal of making her name and greatness known everywhere.
She loves to play pranks on people, and calls herself the "Queen of Evil", basing her personal style on her idea of what an evil aesthetic looks like. As the villain idol, her nefarious deeds include delaying clocks around the office, doodling funny faces on mirrors, and shooting confetti at other people with her handmade "Reina-sama bazookas". She loudly announces her plans through villainous monologues and has a habit of breaking into evil laughter.
Reina is highly competitive, and isn't afraid to cheat in order to win. This backfires more often than not, as she is usually caught or outwitted by other people. She has a short temperament and easily becomes angry or embarrassed when her plans go wrong, however she doesn't let failure hold her back, as she believes her dreams are too big to give up over small losses. Her stubborn nature is also one of her strengths as an idol. She actively works to overcome her nervousness and her own hang-ups about performing roles that don't suit her villainous persona, all for the sake of becoming the number one idol. Examples of this include playing the role of a heroine in a magical girl drama, and participating in a fancy fashion show. Reina adores being on stage and is a very confident performer, thriving on people's attention.
Reina prides herself in breaking the mold and not letting anyone tell her what to do, but she also thinks adults misunderstand her, as she's always getting scolded. Since the Producer is one of the few adults who try to understand her point of view, Reina named them her right-hand henchman. This, of course, doesn't make them exempt from becoming a prank target.
While she claims to be cruel and ruthless, Reina tries to avoid harming others with her pranks. She has a hard time expressing her real feelings or showing any sign of weakness. Because of this she either attempts to disguise kind deeds as pranks or tries to hide them altogether. She once organized a "prank" against Miyabi Tsukimiya by showering her with flowers after her Mother's Day show. Another time, she brought a lost cat she rescued to the office and initially attempted to keep it a secret. In her own way, she's often trying to help her fellow idols, sometimes even noticing those who are stressed or upset faster than other people.
Reina's closest friends include Akiha Ikebukuro, Sana Miyoshi, and Hikaru Nanjo, who as the hero idol, is also her sworn rival and partner in their duo unit, Hero Versus. She is also often seen hanging out with Yume Narumiya, Mai Fukuyama, Chika Yokoyama (members of another well-known unit Reina belongs to, Magiquartet) and Koharu Koga, as well as the rest of Little Marching Band Girls. The people around her, for the most part, know that despite her rudeness, Reina is just a mischievous kid with no ill intent, and try to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't cause trouble.
11/10/2017 - 11/16/2017
08/19/2020 - 08/27/2020
01/30/2021 - 02/07/2021
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Hero Versus Reinanjo||Reina Solo Ver.||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT MASTER GOLD RUSH! 04 Hero Versus Reinanjo|
|EVIL LIVE||Reina Solo Ver.||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT MASTER GOLD RUSH! 08 EVIL LIVE|
|Recorded Group Songs|
|Hero Versus Reinanjo||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT MASTER GOLD RUSH! 04 Hero Versus Reinanjo|
|EVIL LIVE||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT MASTER GOLD RUSH! 08 EVIL LIVE|
Trivia and Fan Culture
- In the U149 manga, she is from a different production company as the main characters. Hikaru Nanjo and Sana Miyoshi are from the same production company.
- Reina recieved a voice actress through the second episode of the fifth season of the Cinderella Girls Theater anime. This makes her the second character after Atsumi Munakata to be voiced this way.
- She calls herself Reina-sama (レイナサマ) entirely in katakana, much like how Tokiko Zaizen prefers to be called Tokiko-sama by everyone (although Tokiko entirely uses kanji in opposite of Reina). Both idols perform together as a duo called Queens' Conflict.
- Reina is bad with kanji and often misspells words. She says it's because her brain is too fast and her hands can't catch up. She also dislikes studying and doing homework.
- Somewhere hidden in the office, Reina built a secret base out of cardboard, where she draws her plans and makes props for her pranks. She often finds other idols playing in it, even adults.
- Reina likes to laugh loudly when she's standing on high places, when she's in trouble, and when she makes terrestrial globes spin.
- Reina cuts her bangs herself, and it's her personal policy to never cover her face.
- She addresses everybody by first name and without honorifics.
- Reina has said that heavy metal is the music genre that suits her image the best.
- Although the "bazookas" and other props she makes usually fail, Akiha Ikebukuro has said that Reina is good at making things with her hands.
- She sometimes practices her smile in front of a mirror when nobody is watching.
- She considers her fans her minions who will assist her in her quest for world domination. During her (in-game) lives, she likes to make the whole crowd yell "Reina-sama!", which she calls the "Reina-sama call".
- Much like in-universe, many of her real life fans call her "Reina-sama".
- Ever since the early years of Cinderella Girls, fans have depicted Reina, Hikaru Nanjo and Sana Miyoshi as a trio of close friends. They finally became an official in-game unit, Ignition ZERO, in April 2018, and have been featured in various content together ever since.
- Fans also sometimes depict her with fellow Yamagata idols Satomi Sakakibara and Akari Tsujino.
- The 07th day of every month, as a Japanese number pun, is called "Reina Day" by her fans, who create fan-art for the occasion.
- Reina's high-pitched trademark laughter is similar to that of Chizuru Nikaido's, with them both usually having to cough midway.
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cinderella Post Images|
|April 28th, 2018 at 3:30 P.M.||October 21th, 2018 at 3:47 P.M.||September 3rd, 2019 at 2:23 P.M.|
|April 1st, 2021 at 11:23 A.M.||November 12th, 2021 at 5:10 P.M.||August 2nd, 2022 at 4:27 P.M.|
|Cinderella Girls Stickers|
|Starlight Stage Models|
|[Starry Sky Bright]||[Across the Stars]||[Party Time Gold]|
|Cinderella Collection (Bright)||Cinderella Collection (Color)||[Marching ☆ Melodies] L.M.B.G|
|[Wham And Bam!!] SSR||[The Whole World In A Panic!] SSR|
|Starlight Stage Renders|
|[Wham And Bam!!]||[The Whole World In A Panic!]|