[2022-09-15] Email service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Mio Honda (Japanese: 本田未央 Honda Mio) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage. She is voiced by Sayuri Hara (Japanese: 原紗友里 Hara Sayuri).
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||4||5|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||18|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||3||6|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||3||2|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||2||2|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||1||1|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||33|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||46|
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Self Introduction
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Idol Profile
I’m Honda Mio, a high school freshman! Nice to meet you!
Honda Mio is able to easily break the ice in any situation with her outgoing personality and her inherent energy, which pull others into her pace. She has a habit of giving nicknames to the other idols around her.
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
Always at my best! I'm Mio Honda! I'm 15 years old with full of smiles and energy! Thanks for having me!
Mio Honda is the Passion-attribute representative of Cinderella Girls. She forms the Cinderella Girls main trio along with Uzuki and Rin initially due to their role as tutorial idols in both THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage.
According to her first Starlight Stage Memorial commu and the anime, Mio joined the production via an audition. After Producer asking why she wanted to apply to be an idol, Mio says that her friend told her there was an idol audition and that she should go for it. In truth, Mio had always been interested in being an idol, saying that it seemed more fun than anything else she's done before. She wants to become an idol to make people smile and lift their spirits. According to her, that is what an idol is meant to do. Mio also wants to become an idol to meet others and befriend many different types of people, using her talent of "being friends with anyone." Eventually, Mio wants to become friends with everyone to "have something super duper happen," though she doesn't know what that "something" is yet. After the audition, Producer approaches her and tells her that she passed. Mio's surprised and thinks he's pulling a prank on her, but he reassures her that it's real. Mio tells Producer that she's super happy and she's counting on his support.
With her sunny personality, Mio is a charismatic and animated teenager who dreams of becoming a top idol. She introduces herself by describing herself as a "high-spec high school girl with excellent motor skills, communication skills, and grades. However, Producer learns shortly after that her grades are average at best. Using her skill of "befriending anyone," Mio's known for being the mood-maker of the production and can often be seen starting a conversation with anyone who's in the same room as her. She's an outgoing people-pleaser, and loves to spend time with her fellow idols and friends. Due to her extroverted nature, she likes to make plans with other idols and can be seen somewhere new every day. Though due to her overwhelming excitement at times, she is a bit forgetful and can come late to meetings when engrossed in a task. She's heard from others that she does her best in work where she's active or in comedy/variety performances. Mio loves to do impressions of other people and make other people laugh. One of the things that Mio is known for is her knack for coming up with nicknames for her fellow idols. Allegedly when fans come to her handshake meet-and-greets, she gives them nicknames as well. Mio even had a special segment on the radio show CINDERELLA PARTY! named "Mio's Three-Star Idol Profile" where she would introduction other idols of the production using their nicknames.
A quality of Mio's that can't be rivaled is her willingness to help others. Before being an idol, she often helped sports clubs at her school with practice drills and setting up before games as a first-year student. Even now, this supportive side of hers hasn't shied away after being an idol. Mio always lends a hand to others struggling with choreography in the practice room and has even been seen to help with four idols' events back-to-back without getting tired in a Cinderella Girls Theater strip. In more recent events, this amicable and helpful nature of hers has led her to be a strong leader and mentor to other idols, both younger and older.
Though Mio is known for being bright and positive, there are times where she can become fragile and run away from her problems. This is most notably seen in the anime, where her willing her willingness to help can cause her problems. If an event she participated in doesn't go as planned, she tends to blame the outcome on herself and tries to carry the burden all alone. However, with the help of her fellow idols, she learns to face her problems head-on and strives to empathize with people and understand how they feel before making a plan of action.
Mio is most often seen with Rin Shibuya and Uzuki Shimamura due to them being the tutorial idols at the beginning of the game; they are in a unit together called new generations. With the three of them, she acts as the optimistic, proactive member of the unit, providing a balance between the naïve Uzuki and the aloof Rin. In the anime, she acts as the group's leader (even though she's the youngest) and often helps her unit-mates during place and offers supportive words to them when in low spirits. Mio is very close friends with both of them and likes to do activities with them in her private time. As the Passion-attribute representative unit, Mio is often seen with Positive Passion, which also includes Akane Hino and Aiko Takamori. Mio provides the glue that holds the fiery, hyperactive Akane and calm, soothing Aiko together. She remarked though the three of them have very different personalities, they get along surprisingly well because they understand each other's feelings and needs.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Mio was voiced on November 27th, 2012 through the implementation of voiced lines for her Normal-rarity card in THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, prior to her CINDERELLA MASTER release.
- In Dice DE Cinderella, Mio's outfit is that of the Performer job class from Bravely Default.
- She wears the male version of the outfit used by Tiz and Ringabel.
- She lives in an apartment complex about an hour away from the city center with her parents and two brothers.
- She is the middle child out of three siblings.
- It's rumored that her parents only dressed her in boys' clothes when she was a child.
- She has an interest in video games, mentioning that she pulls all-nighters playing them with her brother.
- Mio is friends with her school lunch lady. Because of this, she always gets an extra-big scoop of rice with her meal.
- Mio is the only New Generation member whose initial unit Sunset Nostalgia has neither received a new song (and an event based on it) nor been expanded as in the case of Black Gothic Dress, which became Triad Primus (featuring Karen as the third member).
- This is possibly due to none of the Sunset Nostalgia members ranking in any of the elections (both preliminary and final ranks), although Mio has since always ranked in the Cinderella Girl Elections following the 3rd Election.
- At the current moment, Mio has been featured on more songs than any other idol in Cinderella Girls.
- Her nickname for Producer is "Senpai," but she refuses to give one to Chihiro and just calls her "Chihiro-san."
- Mio's favorite season is summer.
- According to her 2017 Idol Introduction, the idols she'd like to be in the same class are Makino Yagami, Yao Fueifuei, Mika Jougasaki, Nao Kamiya, Rina Fujimoto, Anastasia, and Yoriko Furusawa.
- She shares the same birthday with Shu Amamine.
- Because Mio is so common in local auditions, some fans call her "The 5 am Queen", as the free gacha is reset every day at 5 am JST.
- Along with Uzuki, she was known for being unpopular and pitied at first while Rin amassed content and popularity.
- Due to this, Mio began to rise in popularity in Cinderella Girls and got increased content, including her first SR card and an eventual CD debut.
- Fans often call her "Chan-mio."
- On Twitter, her appreciation day is celebrated on the 30th day of any month. This is a pun on her name ("mi"/"mittsu" being rendered as 3 and "o" as 0).
- This is spun-off into another appreciation day on November 30, dubbed Good Mio Day or Ii Mio no Hi (Japanese: #いい未央の日), itself a parody of other appreciation days at the same month ("ii", which means good in Japanese, can be seen as the number 11), such as Good Stomach Day or Ii Onaka no Hi (Japanese: #いいおなかの日).
- Following the release of her 4th SSR, Mio became associated with melonpan.
- She is also depicted by fans as a sheep-like creature in the same vein of Nonowa and the creatures, called Sheep Mio or Hitsuji Mio (Japanese: 羊未央). This creature has white eyes and melonpan in place of horns. Its birthday is celebrated on February 11th.
- This possibly derives from the fact that the first kanji in her given name (未) also means "sheep" in the context of Chinese zodiac (while 羊 is used elsewhere).
- This creature is occasionally depicted with Yasuha Okazaki, who is also associated with sheep.
- After years of ranking highly in the Cinderella Girls General Election, she earned the title of Cinderella Girl in the 8th Annual Election in 2019.
|Animated LINE Stickers|
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cinderella Post Images|
|April 27th, 2018 at 3:00 P.M.||August 20th, 2018 at 5:20 P.M.||June 20th, 2020 at 11:02 A.M.|
|July 9th, 2022 at 3:24 P.M.|
|Cinderella Girls Stickers|
|Starlight Stage Renders|
|[Stage of Magic]||[Wonder Entertainer]||[Kaleidosnow]|
|[Positive Passion]||[Power of Nova]||[Super Luminous Meteor]|
|Granblue Fantasy Collaboration|
|Princess Connect!(Re:Dive) Collaboration|
Starlight Stage's release Key Visual.
Starlight Stage's 2nd anniversary Key Visual.
Starlight Stage 2017 April Fools illustration.
Countdown Art for Starlight Stage's 3rd Anniversary.
Countdown Art for Starlight Stage's 7th Anniversary.
Mio in the anime.
Mio in ONE FOR ALL.
Mio in G4U! Vol. 5.
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 9th Anniversary Memorial Party Key Visual
Mio's profile in POPLINKS (Illuminous Active).
Mio's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).